This is your University of Redlands
Following the historic launch last October, the Forever Yours campaign is moving closer to its $200-million and 20,000-donor goals. With $138 million secured to date, more than 11,000 alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students, and friends are united in their desire to preserve and enhance the Redlands experience for all time.
More than 1,640 gifts and new pledges have been made since the launch event, including the following leadership commitments:
- Clara Clem ’48 is investing in the future of the School of Education through facility improvements.
- Jack and Laura Dangermond are growing their existing scholarship fund for transfer students from Crafton Hills College, as well as initiating a new collaborative Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in business effort.
- Fletcher Jones Foundation is establishing a new endowed scholarship that will support four students each year.
- Jerry and Arlene Lewis are supporting hands-on research for science students, with an emphasis on projects related to clean air and other environmental issues.
- Todd ’70 and Connie Shattuck ’70 Lightbody are establishing a new endowment for student loans within financial aid.
- Gregg ’85 and Deborah Lord are helping build and remodel new Bulldog athletic facilities.
- Randy ’88 and Christina Walker are establishing a Global Opportunities Fund endowment.
Contributions of all sizes are elevating Forever Yours to success, including those from nearly 200 first-time donors since the campaign launch on Oct. 28, 2017. With an average gift of $138, these newest Redlands donors have responded to the challenge of the campaign with their initial show of financial support. One of these is Sarah Sachs ’16, who says, “I chose to make my first gift after the Forever Yours musical extravaganza reminded me of all the incredible opportunities I had during my time here, thanks to generous donors before me.”
For more information about the campaign or to make your commitment, visit foreveryours.redlands.edu.
Forever Yours in action
Below is a reflection from Leela MadhavaRau, advisor to the president and associate dean, campus diversity and inclusion, on donor support and how it sustains programs that increase access to the Redlands experience for first-generation students:
“Our ability to run multiple sessions of the Summer Bridge Program is due to your generosity. In 2017, we were able to run a pilot program for first-generation transfer students thanks to donor contributions. The program was a success and we anticipate running it on a regular basis.
“Our Book Lending Program began from a single donor who was deeply saddened to hear that a number of our low-income students were completing classes without being able to afford the books. From that point, this has become one of our signature programs, one not found in many colleges and universities. Each semester, due to donor funding, we are able to serve almost 200 low-income students, providing access to books. The costs amount to some $8,000 per semester.”
“Redlands is Forever Mine because of two major influences. First, through internships and opportunities my environmental studies professors helped me find, I have been able to excel in my career. Secondly, a fellow Redlands alumnus introduced me to a friend seven years ago, and we just married last month. Redlands has given me my career and the love of my life—and for that, I’ll be Forever Grateful!”
—Meghan Director ’09
“Earning my MBA was a great experience. My statistics class and what I learned from my excellent professor was integral to my career in later years. Thank you for providing me an excellent education.”
—Garth D. Sparboe ’92
“I drive by the University periodically because I am grateful for all my daughter received: financial aid, faculty support and encouragement, a valuable and sound higher education, a place of wonderful memories for her and myself, great educational experiences locally and study abroad, and, last, a place to be welcomed back as an alumna.”
—Jacqueline Hahn, parent of Michelle Hahn ’15
Share a story about why Redlands is Forever Yours by emailing email@example.com.